COMMENTS ARE WELCOME

Anonymous, signed, happy, critical, irrelevant - we welcome all comments with open arms and a plate of (virtual) hot buttered scones.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Letter XI and a half (still from Foofri to Cordy)

Dearest!

Please excuse this crude form of a letter, I haven’t time to explain everything. I awoke this morning in a troll wagon. My Father and Sean have abducted me, so to speak, and betrayed me! Giving in to my demands last night was only to lure me into a false sense of security so Sean could whisk me away to the Outskirts (yes, you read that correctly) where I’ll be safe and where I won’t have the chance to “meddle” in something that is far more dangerous than we ever suspected. Father himself is taking control of operations in the city.

Take care, dear, I am very worried! If they're actually shipping me out of town, who knows what they'll do to you (if they haven't already). I don't think they'll send you off to some barren and magic-hostile wasteland. No, they need you to stay in the city so they can sniff out what's going on and who is behind it without appearing suspicious. However, I know for a fact they won't take any chances where your safety is concerned. I'm very glad of that, but you should be prepared for anything just the same.

Luckily, we will still be able to communicate. My muse finally extracted himself from the underwear enchantment just as I became aware of my current predicament. He was packed in my things, which, thank goodness, Father was good enough to send with me, and began shouting expletives (magical ones, mind you, so I didn’t understand all of them) and caused a commotion that alerted Sean to my wakeful state. Sean briefly lifted the containment spell on the wagon so he could enter and explain the situation. How different from what I had been anticipating last night!

I had to do some heavy groveling to make sure my muse keeps his existence secret and to get him to deliver this message to you. I had to promise him that I’ll allow him to teach me every spell he knows (and a few he doesn’t) in order to keep him delivering our correspondence, but oh, how small a price to pay! Don’t be alarmed when he shows up in your room (I gave him directions to transport straight there).

I am awaiting your reply with greater eagerness than I can express!
Foofri

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

    Sorry, I've been out of the loop! Life took over for a bit! But so much has happened!


    With the last entry, I totally thought that Foofri would actually end up being with Cordy, but I guess not. Well, that explains how they are able to keep up a letter correspondence.

    But ooooooo...poor Foofri stuck in the middle of no where. And she still hasn't talked to Sean yet about their childhood. (as you can glean, I'm somewhat impartial to Foofri.) Thanks for updating!

    VL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life does take over, doesn't it? Taking a page from Foofri's book, one day, you're minding your own business, attending a council meeting and setting someone's hat on fire. The next thing you know, you've been abducted to the middle of nowhere. What's a girl to do?

    You're very welcome, VL! It's nice to know someone appreciates our work. -SQ

    ReplyDelete